White Case of the Month: July & August
- Cantina Adriano Pinot Grigio (Alto Adige, Italy)
- Proof that superb Pinot Grigio is a thing. From the Alto Adige, stylistically it is still nice and dry, but has much more depth and good aromatics (think more Alsace Pinot Gris than your typical Italian Pinot Grigio). Produced by an exceptional co-operative in the mountains from vertiginous vineyards in the foothills of the stunning Dolomites.
- Yalumba Samuel’s Collection Viognier (Eden Valley, Australia)
- I’ve been after a cracking Viognier for the shop for ages, and this one from the Eden Valley is it! Everything you’d want from a good V. Plenty of aromatics (stone fruit, ginger spice, and a touch of floral lift), all following through onto a full palate which shows off similar notes with spikes of the spice amongst the fruit.
- Three Choirs Rose (Gloucestershire)
- A delightful summer rose from just the other side of Gloucester. Bright berry fruits, hints of lemon sherbet. Freshness in a glass. Who'd have thought you could mention Provence and the Forest of Dean in the same sentence...
We aren't offering a stand-alone August offering for two reasons - I was late out with the July case of the month (sorry to those who wait with baited breath each month), and we will also be switching tack temporarily, as I have a couple of great English wine selections which we will be offering as we celebrate our (unofficial) English Wine Month throughout August.